We are excited to offer group swim lessons to swimmers who have turned 4 years old by June 1st. For the safety of our swimmers, swimmers are expected to be able to listen to and follow directions, wait their turn, and be independent from a parent on the pool deck.
Personal Water Devices, such as puddle jumpers, floaties, swim belts, bubble backpacks, etc., are not permitted, as they have been proven to interfere with learning to swim. Parents are welcome to watch swimmers from the pool deck in the comfort of our lounge chairs from behind the yellow lines.
Sea Horse - Beginner Level:
Star Fish - Intermediate Level:
- Gain confidence in the water
- Jump off side
- Front float (face in water)
- Back float
- Introduce basic strokes
Shark - Pre-Swim Team Level:
- Swim under water and be comfortable with head submerged
- Introduce side breathing with front crawl and improve technique
- Introduce and improve backstroke
- Introduce breast stroke and butterfly kicks
- Swimmers develop all 4 strokes
- Underwater dolphin kick
- Improve starts from block
- Improve Flip and Open turns
Group swim lessons are now available for signup, spaces are limited.
Registration: Google Form
Swim Lesson Costs:
- June 19 - July 28, Monday - Friday
Note: No Classes Offered the Week of July 3rd
- Non-Member Cost: $75 per swimmer, per week
- Member Cost: $60 per swimmer, per week
- Monday through Friday: 11:30 am - 12:00 pm (please arrive 5-10 minutes early).
- Level of classes: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.
- Teacher to student ratio: 1:6
- Swim lessons are taught by the talented Breakers Swim Team coaching staff and BVSC lifeguard staff.
- Please be advised makeup classes or refunds will not be offered due to inclement weather.
Swim Lesson Schedule:
- Weeklong sessions
- Monday – Thursday from 11:30 am - 12:00 pm
June 19 - June 23
June 26 - June 30
July 10-July 14
July 17- July 21
July 24 - July 28